This year on Instagram, the city of Rabat ranked 14th among the most popular UNESCO World Heritage sites identified by Internet users.
According to the British company Design Bundles, which analyzed the number of times the 145 most popular UNESCO World Heritage sites have been tagged on Instagram, the city of Rabat has collected no less than 4,629,743 publications, se placing in 14th place.
This ranking, dominated by a trio made up of the historic center of Rome (Italy), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and Venice and its lagoon (Italy). Below is the list of the top 30 star sites on Instagram.
1. Historic Center of Rome (Italy).
2. Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
3. Venice and its lagoon (Italy).
4. Kiev (Ukraine).
5. Historic Center of Florence (Italy).
6. Historic Center of Prague (Czech Republic).
7. Budapest (Hungary).
8. Brasilia (Brazil).
9. Historic Center of Saint Petersburg (Russia).
10. City of Quito (Ecuador).
11. Old Town and New Town of Edinburgh (United Kingdom).
12. Historic site of Lyon (France).
13. City of Verona (Italy).
14. Rabat (Morocco).
15. Yosemite National Park (United States).
16. Grand Canyon National Park (United States).
17. Old City of Havana (Cuba).
18. Bali (Indonesia).
19. Paris, banks of the Seine (France).
20. Work by Antoni Gaudi (Spain).